Retailers will be able to reduce their contributions to the FNEE with the CAEs

The National Energy Efficiency Fund (FNEE), established in Law 18/2014 of October 15, is intended to finance national energy efficiency initiatives, in compliance with Article 20 of Directive 2012/27/EU of the Parliament and of the Council of October 25, 2012, as amended by Directive (EU)2018/2002. It is therefore a Spanish government program aimed at promoting energy savings and energy efficiency in the country. Recently, a proposal for the FNEE in 2024 has been published, which will be in public consultation until January 31 1. According to this proposal, contributions to the FNEE for 2024 from energy retailers will be close to €1/MWh if they do not have Energy Saving Certificates (ESCs), which is a significant increase over the €0.24/MWh of two years ago 1.

Revenues of 795,375,000 € are expected from the marketers or Obligated Parties, which is an increase of almost double compared to the year 2023, when it was 393,000,000 €.

With regard to energy savings, the document establishes a target for 2024 of 375 ktoe or 4,361.25 GWh, with the Government setting a mandatory quota of at least 35% in financial contributions, with the remaining 65% being satisfied with the settlement of Energy Savings Certificates (CAE).
The CAEs (Energy Saving Certificates) are a system that allows energy marketing companies to meet their energy saving obligations without having to contribute money to the FNEE. According to the proposal, the contribution obligations to the FNEE could be more than three times higher than before the implementation of the CAEs 1 system.

In short, the FNEE is getting more and more expensive and the CAEs system is a solution for energy trading companies, as it can reduce 65% of the contribution obligations to the FNEE, in addition to helping the companies that own the savings to improve their energy efficiency to meet their obligations and will allow them to channel a cumulative investment of more than 41. 41 billion euros by 2030, of which 30% – some 12.5 billion – will be the result of the application of the catalog of actions in the different productive sectors classified according to the Integrated National Energy and Climate Plan (PNIEC): industry (which will receive 61% of the investments), services (19.2%), transport (10.5%), residential (7.4%) and agriculture and fishing (1.9%).

Asesórate con expertos

Si quieres conocer más detalles sobre la instalación fotovoltaica o de puntos de recarga, en Bettergy podemos ayudarte en el 952 025 789 / 651 46 87 26 o por correo a través de